Exactly 800 calories

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by caz1973
    on

Hi everyone can I ask do most of you stick to as near to 800 calories as you can as I find some days I am only reaching like 690 and I feel as if I have had 3 meals aday like 2 boiled eggs for breakfast, for lunch fromage frais with frozen raspberries and main tea steak with red and white cabbage with mayo and salad lettuce cucumber and on my fitness pal it comes out at 690. Do I need to eat a little bit more or is it ok as I don’t feel hungry for more food and have lost 9 pounds now on day 13 look forward to your replys hope you are all having a good weekend.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi caz1973, as long as you are not too hungry or fainting away, as my doctor said to me, but you still have room for a small snack if you want to. Sometimes you might be having a bit more as trying to calculate can be quite inaccurate so at 690 you could be anywhere from 690 to 750. Dont worry and let your body guide you.

To answer directly, yes I try to keep around 800 but mainly have between 670 and 750. Sometimes when it is as low as 670 I realise I didn’t count that teaspoon of olive oil and the cauli rice or something small and insignificant, but that gives me a bit of wriggle room.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

As we are in this for the long haul, don’t worry if there are days when you are quite a bit under, as long as you are comfortable with that. There will probably be days when you go a bit over occasionally and these will be balanced out by those days you manage to be under. It will all balance out over the 8 weeks – or however long you elect to stick with the 800.

Keep going and best of luck for the next weigh-in.

• posted by caz1973
    on

Thank you my lovelys that all makes sense at the moment i am just not that hungry just didn’t want to ruin what i have done already, only done 2 weeks, week 3 starts today time is going quickly thanks all have a fab week x.

• posted by Maryschoen
    on

Hi caz1973, I too am starting week 3. Did have a go at this earlier in the year but only cut out the white carbs rather than measuring it all properly. So lost weight very slowly. I do stick to 800, but like you it’s sometimes less. (It was also more at the weekend as I succumbed to wine.) I was still under my carbs of 30-50 grams. My loss is 9lb. 7 week one and 2 week to. Like you I am not hungry, and feeling energised.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I usually went a few calories above the 800, just to get good general nutrition, getting as close as I could to the reduced calorie optimum nutrition model within 800-850 calories a day. I just didn’t like the idea of being below that, although when I started doing 5:2 I did stick to the 500 calories, I felt much better on the 800.

• posted by caz1973
    on

Hi Maryschoen its my first shot at this tried other diets but nothing worked i lost 7 pound in first week 2 pound 2nd week currently lost 10 pound today’s weigh in i started at 13 stone 10 would love to see the scale go under 13 stone lol and well done to you. I did have a couple of days where i could have easily fell asleep but at the moment i am putting the teenagers to shame as i have a lot of energy and the dog is loving the extra time out on walks a border collie so she is enjoying her time out with me, i haven’t really started to excersise properly as i haven’t had the time what with work but i have been walking more, i would like to maybe try HIT training in time to see if that helps but so far i feel good. I love to read everyone’s achievements it keeps me motivated keep up the good work everyone and have a good week.

Please log in or register to post a reply.