End week one

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by paddy57
    on

Hi just thought I’d post my experiences of week 1.
    Background – Been type 2 for over 15 years & followed the usual route, diet, meds, insulin (Lantus + rapide) with associated weight gain etc.
    After xmas found myself at my highest ever bmi 31.9 so on 13/1/16 started a diet before discovering the 800 cals a day one.
    So on 25/1/16 I started the 800 calls a day & my bmi was 31.2.
    I lost 11.2 lbs BMI 29.8 & on day 2 found I could drop insulin to 0 & stopped metformin – But Day 5 blood sugar started rising again so I’m back on metformin and extremely reduced insulin (rapide after meals not lantus)
    What have I found? Apart for the craving for white bread (croissants) and booze I’m ok, with exercise my calorie deficit is around 2.2k/day.
    I have had to reduce to 2 meals a day & noticed my calcium was down so I now take calcium additives.

Also I’d lost 11.2lbs by day 5 but now have hit a wall and have been the same weight for 3 days

Going to stick with it and see if the weight drop restarts. Good luck with your diets.

• posted by Vetgirl
    on

Big well done on your results!
    Re the weightloss I lost 9lb in the first few days then nothing all through week 2 until yesterday when it’s started again ( I hope it’s going to be the same for you). Stick with it as its worth it although I can’t say I haven’t wanted to break it a couple of times. My craving is for wholemeal bread ( hilarious as I don’t even like wholemeal bread really). Staring week 3 today, let me know how you go ( I found week 2 the hardest especially with no weightloss but lowering BSG levels kept me going!
    Vet girl

Please log in or register to post a reply.