Drinking milk in tea

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Hello. It’s a while since I have fasted, but I had success on 5:2 and previously on blood sugar diet. I always drank tea with a little skimmed milk (I don’t like any other milk it tastes too creamy), but this time I’m not sure whether to try and wean myself off milk in drinks. Do others find this slows down their weight loss?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I have been having ff milk and cream, but I think too early to to tell if it makes a difference or not me. I will experiment though. Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Cheeselover
    on

Interesting question, not sure there’s a single answer. It depends how you’re fasting, 12-12, 14-10 etc, milk will definitely effect your keto state.
    I’m pretty new here, but I listened to MM’s Fast800 audiobook twice through and for what it’s worth I now have short black in the morning and then milk in tea and coffee later in the day. I have lost 1.6 kg in 6 days and feel great.
    Let us know how you go.

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Thanks. I’m having tea and coffee with as little milk as I can bare for now. Just until I establish a routine. I’ll see how it effects the weight loss.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi Timetochange
    I posted this in another thread recently – just of my experience.
    I successfully followed 5:2 for a couple of years and I would have just 500 cals a day with a mini lunch and then dinner spread over 36 hrs, I always had my morning 2 cups of coffee with splash of milk (40ml or so). I counted the cals and it never seemed to interfere with my fast.
    So now with Fast800 I also have splash of milk – I now drink unsweetened soy which is slightly lower carbs than cows – in my 2 morning cups of coffee. I am doing 16/8 – eating between about 12-8pm – 2 meals. I have my coffee in the morning. It doesn’t effect my keto and I am discarding weight each week. I also sometimes stir in a teaspoon of powdered fibre (like Benefiber) into my coffee as it helps keep me feeling full until lunch.
    My thoughts are that if a little adjustment makes it easier to stay on this WOE, or on the 5:2 way, then as long as you count the carbs/cals in the milk then go for it. I know there are many who wouldn’t agree but I’m just saying from my experience. I am under 20g carb total each day.

• posted by SBB35
    on

I have been wondering the same thing as I have tea first thing in the morning. I only have skimmed milk as I do not like semi, or full fat, or cream. If I am having a splash, should this be coming out of the 800 cals?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Yes, count all calories and all carbs. –

Please log in or register to post a reply.