Doing well but with a problem

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nevblue
    on

Hello all

How inspiring you are and doing so well I am very impressed and am determined to join you. Just started my 5th week and have lost already 23lbs so I am thrilled to bits and have no intention of giving up. However I am experiencing a problem which perhaps one of you could help me with. I am experiencing gripey tummy pains quite uncomfortable and a feeling I need to go to the loo all the time and if you understand me, with a wish to bear down. Is this usual when losing so much weight and if so do you know of anything I can do to help me to be less uncomfortable. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give Nev

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nev

I get something similar if I eat too much veg. I googled it and found it’s quite common.

Just a thought.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Yes I’m the same with a lot of veg too! However this diet has worked wonders for my digestion! Let’s just say that with eating rubbish plus taking Metformin I was visiting the loo about 6 times per day with diarrhoea – this was normal for me over the course of the last 5 years. Now I’m “going” once a day. Metformin is well known for this side effect and with the previous rubbish diet I had no chance really!!

• posted by nevblue
    on

Thanks captainlynne

However I don’t think I’m eating that much veg to cause this problem I have but thanks for trying to help me Nevblue

• posted by nevblue
    on

Thanks captainlynne

However I don’t think I’m eating that much veg to cause this problem I have but thanks for trying to help me Nevblue

Thanks also Leeanne but I’m not on Metformin and as I said not eating too much veg either but thanks for the info Nevblue

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh those Metformin moments, terrible aren’t they.
    I have been very regular since starting my new lifestyle up until yesterday.
    My wife (bless her) bought me a tiny packet of sugar free mints from Aldi and I had 4 of them last night.
    Talk about laxative effect !!! starting at about 1:30 this morning I had to wake and run for the loo, this happened 4 times up until I woke at 6 and then had to go twice again before leaving home at 10 to 7
    No more sugar free mints for me.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Oh Bill I agree, it’s a nightmare!! I have avoided sugar free stuff since I had a packet of sugar free Tunes in Scarborough once when on holiday. Let’s just say I know exactly where every public toilet is in Scarborough now!! Chocolate and crisps have the same effect – but no more now!

Please log in or register to post a reply.