Doing it for me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lucia
    on

So this isn’t my first time here.

Life got in my way. How easy it is to do the wrong thing, even if it is bad for you. So what am I going to do about it?
    I don’t look at the brick wall, I just focus on one little brick.

So I can decide not to eat the family bags of chocolate, even if they are only 99 pence.
    I can decide to move, even if it is only in the lounge during the commercials.
    I can decide to avoid the carbs.

This. Is. My. Pledge tonight. Right now.

It will not be easy, I haven’t got the right food/equipment/clothes/situation/money/Time/help/support.
    Yes I can give you a thousand reasons why it will fail before it even starts

But

I give you only one reason why I will try …. because I am worth it.

Love

Lucia
    Xxx

• posted by Lucia
    on

So what has happened today?

I have had a 20 minute walk at 7:30am , in the cool.

I had a cup of tea,
    Then during the day , I have drank water.

For lunch a little cheese and ham in a wrap.
    I didnt have stodgy bread, so I have made a baby step.

For dinner, I had Cumberland sausage and baked beans.
    No rice, no chips, no spuds, no bread so an improvement. Another baby step.

Now i have stopped eating for today.

Let us see how we get on. I am delighted with my first day. No strict rules, just sorting bits out inch by inch.

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by Britta
    on

Great work Lucia and welcome to the forum! If you’ve been here before you might know about the weekly thread? It is a nice way of just checking in and getting to know people and a new one has just started (ONE WEEK AT A TIME beginning June 16).

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lucia, welcome back …. I definitely remember your name from before. There have been a few returnees recently, some of whom I’m sure you would remember, many are posting on the weekly thread, so please do think about joining us there.

You have made a measured start to your BSD reboot and as the saying goes, ‘every little helps’. If you can continue taking baby steps and making little incremental changes, you will see positive result for sure.

• posted by Lucia
    on

So, what’s happened over the last few days?

I am skipping breakfast, just having a hot drink and vitamin tabletS.

Lunch has been a tin of soup or
    Cheese and ham wrap. I am weaning myself off bread.

Evening
    Scrambled eggs and bacon.
    It’s funny that, if I have a dippy fried egg I need no, i WANT, or should I say it is compulsary that I have bread
    But
    Doing scrambled eggs or omelet I don’t?

Moving around but not as much as i would like to.

Still working silly hours on average – 7 am to around 7pm so pooped when I finish and want to sit like a zombie.

But still it is a good week, this week I have started to change things. Not waiting until Monday or 1st or a rainy day or a full moon, or when I hear a blackbird cough ….

I have started. But if you have read my blogs from years ago, I cannot change on a sixpence, I have to do baby steps.

So I am getting there bit by bit

Love lucia
    Xxxx

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Good work Lucia, baby steps are still steps in the right direction and the changes are all the right ones! Go you!!
    I’m not a big egg fan, but i relate to the bread thing – I am only just now – 8 weeks in – able to enjoy soup at home without some lovely buttered bread for dunking! Funnily enough, if I have soup out (back in the days when you could eat out!) I was fine without the bread, but at home it is such a habit!
    Besides…. an omelette has to be a million times better than a fried egg! Try cooking on both sides, putting your bacon on it with a little cheese and make it like a pizza……!?

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi Lucia,
    I remember your posts from way back when!! In fact I used to lurk in the forum’s and just read , never posted anything. I remember reading yours and finding u tremendously inspiring.
    Glad you are back 😊
    Have a great day/ night 😊🖐️xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.