Do we have to stop the 800 fasting after 8 weeks?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by shacks
    on

Hi there, I’m a wee bit confused as the book and this site says to do the fasting until you reach your goal blood sugar and weight levels. In truth I have about 50-60kg to lose all up, and while I’m doing really well so far losing 5.9kg in just under 4 weeks, I’m obviously going to be nowhere near the weight loss targets for me personally at the end of 8 weeks.

Do we have to stop at 8 weeks and then move on to something else? I’m actually not really struggling with the food limits so far, and there are still loads of the recipes I want to try out after the 8 weeks is up, so just trying to get my head around what happens after 8 weeks for me to best continue the momentum I’ve already started.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Cheers, Anne

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

So many of us are continuing on the 800 Fast, I for one am on week 15 with no back effects except to continue reducing my blood sugar and still got a bit of weight to go (8kg). Read the threads for 8 week rerun, and the reboot and now we are on pick a carbs getting a weekly goal as well as continuing the 800 calorie low carbs. So nearly at the end of my second 8 weeks run and still losing steadily.

That does not mean that it would hurt to have a break from the really strict diet and swap to say the 5:2 or the med for a few weeks but not quite so likely to be still losing weight. I have found that for blood glucose it is the low carbs that are important and I can afford a few more calories, say for a special weekend, and not do any harm to my bloods.

• posted by shalimar
    on

In the section After 8 weeks” … in the 2 week review, 4 week review, etc. it suggest that you might consider going on 5:2 and getting a doctor check up.
    I think people here do more than 8 weeks ,,, even take a 5:2 break and then start the 8 weeks again.

I think you should listen to your body and how it feels.

The books doesn’t say you MUST do anything.

And if you can get a doctor to send you for a few of the tests all the better.

I am getting some tests and will keep in touch about my diabetes and general health …. i can get the results of the tests … i can even listen to what the doctor says … 🙂 but i’m still going to listen to my body and make my own decisions.

Please log in or register to post a reply.