Disappointed

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ginger bird
    on

my husband and myself have been on the diet for 4 days. It’s been hard but loving the recipes in the book.
    However although I lost 5lb in the first 4 days by blood glucose has gone up ! – was 6.4 now 7.1 – feel terrible now.
    In contrast my husband lost 7lb and his has gone down from 5.9 to 5.
    I am not obese just probably 20 lbs overweight.
    Any ideas please? Thank you

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Ginger bird
    Welcome to the BSD forum – well done on making a start and some progress. Don’t panic about your blood glucose reading going up, this sometimes happens initially, but if you are following the plan, you will see it drop as you continue.
    Stick with it and keep us posted. Shout if you need support, someone will respond for sure. Good luck!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Ginger bird
    can I ask at what time you’re testing ?
    Fasting readings are erratic due to stored sugar being released through the night, just remember, the more you get rid of, the less you have to deal with.

• posted by Ginger bird
    on

Thank you! I will persevere. Just got a little worried as I didn’t think it would go up. Will see what happens next week.
    My first test was in the afternoon of the 3rd day as the monitor didn’t arrive until then ! my second was first thing in the morning on the 5th day – I thought this would be better, but as I write this I realise I perhaps need to give it more time . Patience is not my strong point!
    Thank you for taking the time to reply , it means s lot.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How’s it going Gingerbird? Hope you are seeing positive results now. Let us know hoe you are getting on.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Your afternoon readings will be very different to your fasting readings due to the dawn effect.
    I would recommend you test pre and post dinner and don’t worry too much about the fasting test.

Please log in or register to post a reply.