Diary of a Weary Dragon 2021

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ddraig_goch
    on

Having tried this diet before back in 2017 and getting nowhere I am back to try harder. I haven’t eaten any form of sugar or grains since 2013 (except in the odd pint of Guinness or bar of 90% chocolate) and managed to keep the weight off quite well although I never managed to get down to my actual goal weight, which was why I ended up here back in 2017. However, since working in a supermarket over the last 2 years I have found easy and relatively cheap access to fruit (berries mainly), nuts and healthy fats to be my down fall, together with a lack of exercise and managed to gain nearly 4 stone. I have managed to lose 10lb but have been stuck on 13st8 for the last 3 months so have decided to start a diary on here for some accountability and this time I am determined to succeed.

I also want to do something positive with my dog Henry as he is a working spaniel but through covid has not seen his friends at the dog club since December and not had any active training since March last year. So I have booked a 5k run/jog/walk canicross event for 22 May. With a previous dodgy knee I wouldn’t want to attempt to jog/walk that distance at my current weight so will do the NHS Couch 2 5k on the treadmill starting today.

I read somewhere that on the fast 800 the average weight loss is lose 5kg in 2wks and 14kg in 8wks so my goal weight in time for the run in 7 weeks time is 11st9. Wish me luck.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi ddraig_goch, welcome (back) to the site. Not sure about the average weight losses as I only had 3,5 stone to lose in the first place and lost around 2 stone in the first 8 weeks which I estimate is around 12kgs. That was without a single carb or over 800 calorie passing my lips. Like you I never reached my final goal weight and still havent. I am still here because I am diabetic and it motivates me to stay low on carbs to protect my blood glucose levels. I have gained from time to time and make renewed efforts to lose more weight but as long as my BG stay stable I dont worry too much and just lose what I have gained over and over i.e. christmas gain, lose it, Easter gain, lose it etc. Lockdown has made it a bit different for me as I usually only gain on events and there havent been any so I have managed some loss again. Dont judge yourself by what other people do, just do your best and try to keep your resolve and motivation going and I am sure you will do well again. Your dog will thank you for the effort.

Good luck and look forward to reading your diary.

Please log in or register to post a reply.