Diabetes magazine

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

Does anyone know if there is a Diabetes magazine available? When I looked in whs there seems to be magazines available now for anything

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Lynnedb,

I don’t know about magazines. Although I don’t post on there I do regularly visit the website that Maggie’s posted. I visit the Forum mostly and go through recently asked questions or search for topics. There are sometimes arguments between posters but I find it generally a helpful site.

There is another website which was actually recommended by my practice nurse as the official diabetes organisation but I’ve rarely been on it to be honest. It’s at https://www.diabetes.org.uk/

I would also recommended for reading The Diabetes Code by Jason Fung, and/or if you haven’t seen them watching his YouTube videos which are very good at explaining Type II diabetes. (In fact I’d probably go to them first). His schtick is fasting, but whether you believe in that or not he offers a fairly incisive, straightforward, understandable explanation of insulin resistance and diabetes). Really helped me when I was first diagnosed Type II.

If you do discover a magazine let me know, I’d be interested in having a look.
    Marie xx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Spam reported

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

Have looked today in a newsagents in a big town, and they didn’t have any specific magazines. So I guess none exist

• posted by marie123
    on

Hi Lynnedb

Thanks for letting us know – I didn’t think I’d seen any, although I suppose I haven’t really been looking.
    If I ever do come across any anywhere I’ll post on here.

Cheers
    Marie
    xx

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

Thanks Marie

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Lynne here in Australia we have a monthly one called “Diabetic Living”, it’s from the publishers of Better Homes and Gardens. I’ve been borrrowing it for some years from my local library as it has some good recipes in it.

• posted by Lynnedb
    on

Thanks sueblue

Please log in or register to post a reply.