Decomplicating the menus

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Teapotcosy
    on

Day one – Had my yoghurt with rhubarb compote – I usually find fruit yoghurts too sweet – this one was delish and quite a good portion size.

Used slightly less rhubarb for the compote (the pack was 400g), used the first 2 tablespoons this morning and split the remainder into 6 (portions about right) using a silicone muffin tray and put it in the freezer.

Now I can either have that for the rest of the week or vary it as I want. take out a blob of rhubarb compote the night before and put it in my breakfast bowl overnight to defrost, and add 150g yoghurt in the morning.

• posted by Teapotcosy
    on

Bought 3 x 425g (multbuy Morrisons offer) packs of lean minced beef and split the whole lot into 13, (approx. 100g portions) and froze each separately. If I need a portion of protein – sorted (and it makes it really difficult to cheat by sneaking a bit extra in).

Did the same with a pack of raw prawns – 200g split into 2.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Welcome to the forum, I also do batch cooking etc it makes things much easier, and as you say stops you going over your daily allowance. Keep us posted to your progress.

Regards jan

• posted by reversing_prediabetes
    on

Fab strategy. Please share any more tips. This has helped a lot.

• posted by Teapotcosy
    on

I lost a stone and a half in the first 10 weeks had a rest, maintaining the loss (even through holidays with paellas and barbecues and pasta) but steered clear of chips and bread (except for the odd cheeky pizza). Breakfasts and lunches are either eggy (with ham and peas) or fruity (cherries, nectarines, strawberries). Now, after a 10 week maintaining I am back to 900-1000 a day for next 8 weeks. Fruit compote, heaped teaspoon of inulin (google it) and plain yoghurt for breakfast. Hummus, either home made or bought for lunch. Corgette and onion stir fried (spiralized, chopped, or like chips or ribbons) king prawns and some kind of flavour ( tomato, Thai ,curry, barbecue) with a couple of tablespoons of cream and a 10 cal jelly for dessert. Snacking on almonds or olives. Keeping to that in the week and behaving as much as possible at weekends. Enjoying it very much. All of my numbers are way down.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Great tips and ideas to try! Thanks

Please log in or register to post a reply.