Day one – Tuesday 7/3/17

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ThatThereNurse
    on

Starting on a Tuesday might seem odd but I work shifts. My question is regarding coconut oil. If I am tracking my food in MyFitnessPal, should I also add the amount of coconut oil for cooking?

Additionally, I found the target of 45g daily protein, in the book, but couldn’t find or maybe missed the other targets such as carbs/fats. Can anyone advise?

Thank you

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, funnily enough there are quite a few of us Tuesday weigh ins and we have kept it to Tuesday throughout (I am in my 8th month). Most people start by keeping carbs to 50 g or under, I find under rather difficult to juggle, I think fats are 20 g but someone else will have to confirm that. You could try the search box. Good luck

on

Thank you. I’m trying to find it in the book, as I’m sure I must have missed it!

on

I found a previous post talking about an estimate of 45g fat, 45g protein and 50g limit for carbs. This seems pretty right to me.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Search in the search box at the top of the page for LindaA she has posted a few times how to calculate in take for individuals. I don’t think you’ve missed it in the book, I don’t think it is in there. Oh, and yes, track the coconut oil. You should track everything that you consume – at least at the start. Best wishes for good results.

• posted by Patsy
    on

If you’re tracking what you eat, then yes oil used for cooking should be included. It’s easy to forget things like dressings too.

• posted by Lila
    on

Hi All

I also started yesterday 7 March and had a good day. Thanks for all the advice, especially LindaA’s post. I’ve never posted on any forum before, so this (and the diet) is very new to me. Very excited to see good results.

on

Hi fellow newbie Lila. My day one went well too. Here’s to it continuing well 🙂

• posted by Lila
    on

Thanks ThatThereNurse. Three days down the track and still standing strong. Bit anxious about this weekend as it is usually my downfall…….BUT very motivated to make it work. Must say by the 3rd day the hunger pains subsided.

Please log in or register to post a reply.