Day 6 – gained some weight back??

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by hawke
    on

Hi all
    Day 6 of BSD. Dropped a pound a day for first 4 days. Been making sure to track food with Easy Diet Diary and am averageing about 850 cals per day. I have a stressful job and prefer not to cut back further if my body is super hungry. I have been making sure to keep fats and proteins up and drinking approx 2.5 litres of water a day. Definitely been constipated (about 5 days now) so started taking metamucil yesterday. Havent been eating enough fibre I know!

I noticed yesterday that I seemed to have gained some weight over the day. Some of it (600 gms) has melted off again today. I did change scales yesterday so am not overly concerned and the new ones are better calibrated. I am definitely losing bloating in my tummy. I dont have any blood sugar issues (but my dad has type 2 and I def gain abdominal fat) so I am not tracking this as a measure.
    I dont have a lot of weight to lose, about 8 kilos would be ideal so not too stressed, just tracking what is happening in my body with interest.

I havent been as active as I would like (PhD student – chained to desk) but plan to remedy that over the weekend. I dont want to bite off more than I can chew and force myself to do too much and then get tired out.

Just checking in to seek some feedback and to remain accountable.
    Thanks 🙂
    L

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Hawke,
    Like the idea of posting to be accountable. My weight loss has been a little up and down, so your mention of new scales has gotten me thinking about upgrading mine. I think that constipation can also cause fluctuations in weight.
    It is great that you are being so proactive regarding your health! Also, sensible to listen to your body/nind and know what works for you.
    I am in nearly 2 weeks in to the eating plan (not keen on the word diet as it holds negative connotations for me) and all good so far.
    Good luck.
    Imogen.

• posted by Napangardi
    on

Hi Hawke, I was thinking why I had gained weight back and whilst constipation is not the issue I know I am not counting calories and then last night it occurred to me that for the first few days I drank my water quota but not since then, So in terms of accountabikity, I am going to drink the two litres of water suggested today.
    Stress seems to be a big issue for many of us…what do you do to destress so to speak…I am trying meditation but have to be more consistent ., a common theme across all areas of my life😩
    Napangardi

• posted by hawke
    on

Very good point – I definitely think stress impacts on me. However, since starting this way of eating (I too hate the word diet) I have been walking more, practicing mindfulness and generally feel better!

I think the weight gain was mainly related to changing scales – the new ones add on .4 kg to my weight. Also – I weighed myself at night (duh!). Taking that into account, my weight loss as at Day 7 (today) has been 2 kilos (about 4 pounds I think?). Really pleased with this but more so with the other non-scale changes i.e. SO energetic, less mood swings, NO CRAVINGS (SERIOUSLY!), good skin and mood.

Taking metamucil supplements has helped with the constipation and am trying to make sure I eat more veggies and berries than I did the first few days!

I think I have finally found a sustainable lifestyle 🙂

• posted by Maddy733
    on

Hi to all, yes I too started putting weight back on, Plato!d and then it started creeping back even though I didn’t cheat. So fed up I stopped the diet for a week. Since starting back I realise if I reduce my carbs down to 30 to 35 it has forced weight loss again. Fat remain about 50/55 and the same with protein. Can anyone see a problem doing this? Grateful for anyone’s help please.

• posted by hawke
    on

My carbs stay at about 35-40 per day. not sure if this matters much?

I dropped another pound last night – pretty pleased.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Hawke
    a tsp full of milled flax seed added to your yoghurt helps with the constipation issues.
    Under £2 at Aldi and lasts forever

Please log in or register to post a reply.