Day 5 – Good & Bad

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JCH187
    on

I’m on day 5 now and have lost 5lbs, very chuffed with that.

Yesterday was good, no headaches, hunger or cravings. Today I feel rubbish, I’ve got a headache and feel a bit wobbly (especially my legs!). I’ve drunk 800ml of water already and had breakfast so hopefully those feelings will pass soon. I’m eating what I think is a good mix of protein, fat and veggies so I’m pretty confident I’m doing things right and that this is just part of my carb detox!

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Hi JCH187,

I’m glad i’m not the only one feeling this way! I’m only on day 3 so it looks like i can expect to feel a bit rubbish for a bit longer then! 5lbs is amazing though – well done you!

• posted by JCH187
    on

I figure a couple of weeks feeling rubbish is a small price to pay for over indulging…!!

Yes I’m really pleased with the weight loss, I have a lot to lose but it’s a start.

How are you getting on with it all?

• posted by ClairyB
    on

I know what you mean, but as an emotional eater i turn to food even more (and the wrong types of food!) when i’m really tired or down. So trying to stay upbeat is quite hard, but I’m only on day 3 and already lost 2.5lbs which is great. I’ve also got a lot to lose – realistically up to 5 stone but i’m setting myself a smaller goal of 3 stone at the moment. My son is getting married in October and i could go and buy something lovely in a size 14 if i could lose 3 stone.
    My biggest problem is other events which are coming up – a party this weekend, a weekend away the following week and a cream tea (already booked and paid for before i started this) the following week!!!!

I am looking at it that it is only 1 day out of 7 and as long as i am strict on all other days, it won’t be the end of the world!!

Any tips for surviving special ocassions??

• posted by JCH187
    on

That’s amazing well done! 3 stone by October is very realistic and gives you something to aim for. I also have 5st (possibly more) to lose. I’m concentrating on getting through the first 2 weeks, then the next 8 weeks and will then set weight goals after that. I can do this, I’ve lost a lot of weight before (7st 7lbs) but put most of it back on again. I’m hoping this will be a permanent way of eating which means I won’t pile it back on again. Helpfully my BF has just started at the gym and cutting down on the booze so we’re egging each other which is helping.

I haven’t had any occasions as yet but I would say enjoy it but in moderation and get straight back on the following day.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

I’ve also done the same as you, I lost 3stone, 10 lbs on the Dukan diet about 5 years ago, was a similar idea to this and i lost the weight quickly, but as soon as i added the carbs back in it crept on, ive tried slimming world and weight watchers and loads more but as you say it’s not a diet it has to be a way of life and i think the 5:2 is sustainable. I’ve really piled it on due to health problems also, i am waiting for knee replacements and also suffer with psoriatic arthritis and an under active thyroid!! All of these would will improve greatly if i lose the weight. Well done on losing so much weight – at least you know you can do this! My hubby is super fit and can’t understand how i am so over weight as on the whole we have a healthy life style – if only he knew about all the secret mars bars!!!!

• posted by JCH187
    on

New beginnings for you 🙂

• posted by ClairyB
    on

For us all!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.