Day 5: Climbing the Walls

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Siliem
    on

Hi Everyone

I’m really loving this diet. Ironically I’m not a big fan of ‘white’ carbs but with a very busy lifestyle it’s just easy to reach for a slice of toast as you rush out the door or throw together pasta and sauce in the evening.

So, after reading everyone’s really supportive posts and organising some convenient meals, the first 4 days were great – not hungry at all, lost 2kg (fantastic!) and even gave up tea and coffee (don’t like it without sugar).

Planned to keep to 50g carb but meal plans naturally coming to 20-30g carb – great. Until yesterday when I had pulses for the first time on this diet. Obviously, carbs count for the day went up but only to 44g.

But today didn’t lose any weight (not concerned, very pleased with what I’ve lost so far) but today I just want to eat anything and everything. It’s not even that I’m hungry or craving anything particularly, just want to EAT!

Do you think this just a ‘few days in, body adjusting’ thing or could it be the pulses/higher carbs yesterday and I should avoid them?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Siliem

Congratulations on your weight loss! great start.

With regard to the carbs, you are still in your first week and many people have said that strange things happened until their body got used to the lack of the carbs it was used to.

So maybe the higher carbs triggered your munchies – or maybe not!

We all go up and down depending on what meals we have, and I would suggest that you experiment a bit and see what happens. 44 gms of carbs is still not a lot, after all.

Perhaps best not to draw too many conclusions until you are a few more days in, when you can assess with more evidence?

Good luck, and onwards and upwards! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Siliem
    on

Thank you Igorasusual

Of course you’re right, it going to take me some time to see what affects me personally.

Managed to hold off eating anything I shouldn’t ๐Ÿ™‚
    So an early dinner and an early night and see what tomorrow brings.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Well done!! Early night a great idea also!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.