Day 5

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kereru
    on

Just completed day 5! Feeling really tired and hungry today, think i went a wee bit over but still no carbs. Resisted the urge to have a wine too! Feeling scared to weigh on Sunday as I dont feel any different yet but I know its early days. Just hoping for a dip in weight to spur me on.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Kereru
    Do have a look at using my fitness pal (or calorie count or one of the countless other databases) to track food – unlikely that you’ve had no carbs at all!
    although its a faff, it does help you understand where unexpected carbs may be lurking.
    Well done on resisting the wine – I’m sure you’ll get a pleasant surprise on Sunday – but if you don’t weigh, you won’t know. And there’s nothing magical about waiting 7 days – do it tomorrow! – that’ll give you renewed encouragement for the weekend.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

You will soon get the hang of it Kereru – but have you MEASURED as well as weighed? Because you may find your waist and other bits are reducing whilst you’re not noticing much difference.

Have a target garment to test yourself against!

Fingers crossed for your weigh-in and keep on keeping on. It will happen 🙂

• posted by Kereru
    on

Hi to you both and thanks for the advice!
    Frog – yep i use my fitness pal, i just meant no shitty carbs, like bread etc . I will weigh in the morning!
    Igorasusual – yes i have also measured so hopefully something will have decreased there!

I read the book and am trying to stick to the menu plan in it but using my own things too. Just hoping my portions are not too big but they are mostly made up of veges with meat/chicken being the lesser part.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you are still suffering from carb withdrawal Kereru. The first few days can be a real struggle, but you will be through this phase soon and feeling fitter and more positive. Igorasusual is right, why not weigh now and see how you are doing? You will probably be pleasantly surprised and that will give you the motivation to stick with it. I personally weigh daily and use the results whatever they are, as motivation to press on.

Let us know your results – I’m sure they will be better than you think.

• posted by Kereru
    on

Thanks again and yeah I will weigh tomorrow and post it. I have been doing 10,000 steps everyday and have managed 2 x 20 min heavy weight workouts at the gym…drinking 3 litres of water a day and for the most part managing fine. Just hit time of the month which my explain the lethargy and hunger! Arghhhh

• posted by SMcG71
    on

Agree with SunnyB, if you get on the scales you might get a nice surprise which will be a good motivator. Fingers crossed!

• posted by Kereru
    on

Well I hopped on the scales this morning and have lost 3.5 kg! You were right a pleasant surprise indeed!

• posted by JMG
    on

Wow – that’s awesome Kereru! Well done!

• posted by Frog
    on

that was worth doing then rather than worrying until Sunday – that’s 14 pack of butter – take a look at that many when you go to the supermarket!
    well done- the weird thing is that you didn’t feel as if you’d lost any, that’s a huge amount!

I weigh daily (unless I forget) – and don’t follow the recipes, just apply the principles of avoiding carby foods.

• posted by Kereru
    on

Yeah its a great result! Only thing is it makes we want to celebrate with a bottle of wine! ☺. I mainly do my own thing food wise too. Really trying to keep my activity levels up as it can only help. Thanks for the feedback.

• posted by fatnfifty
    on

Well done ! fab loss, you must be so pleased. I love reading how well relatively new starters have done. Really helpful to hear. And NO to the wine !

• posted by Langerhans
    on

Fabulous five days, Kereru! How about a non-alcoholic reward? A jar of coconut oil (excellent for all sorts of things as well as BSD!) Well done!

• posted by Kereru
    on

Well………I did have a couple of glasses last night but stopped at 2 which is good for me! I normally finish the bottle so pretty happy with that. It is the start of me 7th day and I am down to 90kg! That is a loss of 4 in total this week. Making a huge pot of soup today for my week ahead, I have found it fills me up more then other things so will help keep me on track.
    Hope evryone else is managing!

Please log in or register to post a reply.