Day 11 – not losing much weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Daisychain1
    on

Hi everyone,

I’m on day 11 of the Fast 800 diet. Finding it surprisingly easy apart from the occasional carb craving! Only issue is I’ve only lost 4lbs. My partner has lost 11lb. Does anyone know why my weight loss might be so slow? Keep reading about lots of people losing loads in their first couple of weeks, it’s a bit disheartening.

Thanks 🙏

• posted by Britta
    on

Hi Daisychain
    Don’t despair. Lots of people lose weight more slowly. There can be many different reasons for that. Check that you weigh and log absolutely everything so you’re not accidentally going over the 800 calories. Check that your carbs are not too high. Drink more water. And then just persevere. Try not to compare with how much other people lose. It will come off. Weeks 2 and 3 are famous for being a bit tricky, but stick with it, you’ll get there. Everyone on here has tried having weeks of not losing much. Have a read through some of the older threads, feeling disheartened with slow progress is part of this journey. But it doesn’t mean it isn’t working. Good luck!

• posted by Britta
    on

also very few people lose 11 lbs in 11 days so don’t try and keep up with that!

• posted by Daisychain1
    on

Thank you! I am sticking to the rules bar one desperate slice of toast last week! Will stick at it. Feel better in terms of energy etc just slow and steady in terms of weight loss!

• posted by Britta
    on

Good work! There’s different schools of thought on this but I’d go for (slow and) steady over the emotional roller coaster that is lose weight, put weight on, lose weight… any day. And keep track of the ‘feel better in terms of energy’ type results to help keep you going.

• posted by Daisychain1
    on

Really appreciate the encouragement Britta – thank you!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Daisy, Britta is right, we are all unique and so don’t all lose at the same rate, just know your body is doing what it needs to. I am a slow loser, but got to goal …. just took me a little longer than some. Rather than compare your results with those of others, look for the positives on what you have achieved so far. Perhaps you are feeling more energised, or your complexion is clearer, or you’re sleeping better or your trousers are a little looser. All are signs this WoE is making a difference.

Join us on the weekly thread if you’d like to share your BSD journey with a diverse and dynamic band of travelers. There is plenty of experience based knowledge to draw on there and loads of support and encouragement too. The current weekly thread has 1st June in the title, but there will be a new one kicked off tomorrow evening, so watch out for that one too.

• posted by Jeremy Fisher
    on

There are lots of reasons why people lose weight at different weights:
    Gender: Men typically need 2500 calories a day to maintain their weight, women 2000. So on 800 a day a man is deficient by 1700 calories, while a woman just 1300 calories – a man should lose weight more quickly.

Exercise: Over the last 2 days I’ve done runs that burn 600 calories each. That means that, on balance, I’ve effectively only had 200 calories per day.

Lifestyle: Someone that has an active job – they’re up and about, moving around all day – will burn more calories each day naturally. They’ll lose weight more quickly as a result

Muscle mass: Someone who has strong muscles will lose weight more quickly because they burn more calories each day. I weight train. That’s useful for me when losing weight.

Weight: The heavier you are, the more quickly you lose weight because you need more calories you use each day.

So, I don’t know if any of the above apply to you. Some you can work on yourself, exercising for instance and being active, others you just have to accept.

And perhaps it’s also just the way your body reacts to the change – everyone is different.

Keep going and good luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.