Day 1 (sort of!)

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by solange
    on

Hi, the book came yesterday and have been reading through this morning. I really need to do a shop but am making a start by forgoing my beloved toast and marmite this a.m. Here goes then……..

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Solange
    Go for it – loads of helpful folk on here to encourage you. As a marmite lover (me too!) you will find other ways to incorporate it into food – although I am not sure about the marmite salad dressing I read about one forumite having discovered worked for him (think it was with yoghurt?)
    Keep going and keep posting!
    Julia

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Marmite in scrambled egg. Makes them a bit of a funny colour though. And as a hot drink – a teaspoonful in boiled water. That is good for adding salt to your diet and fending off hunger pangs and headaches. Quite a nice addition to plain cottage cheese and tofu as well.

• posted by pcoventry
    on

Thanks for the tip on the cottage cheese 🙂

• posted by Balloo57
    on

I am a marmite fan too. Spread on celery, with chopped hard boiled egg or cottage cheese, it’s delicious.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Euw marmite? Never! Has to be Vegemite!

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Battle of Northern (Marmite) vs Southern (Vegemite) Hemisphere begins😄.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

If I can get splinters in my bum I am sitting on the fence here. I like both, having lived in Oz and UK I think the Marmite has a much stronger taste that can burn your mouth and Vegemite has a more meaty flavour, but I like both anyway, maybe as I have a savoury palate and don’t like sweet things.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

In a former life before 1st October 2016…..Marmite on toast with a fried egg ontop:-)

Please log in or register to post a reply.