dairy produce on 8 week blood sugar diet ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tezryu
    on

Sorry if i seem to be dragging up the same question over again but i am a little confused over the use of milk for my shakes on the above mentioned diet , because Optifast was used in the study by professor Taylor i had a look to see if it was available in this country only to find that it is only used on prescription in the states , not being deterred i have opted instead to use slimfast as an alternative the problem being that these shakes are to be mixed with skimmed milk , which i have replaced with whole milk ,as recommended by other members of the forum , the guide lines clearly expresses no dairy produce am i to assume this means no dairy produce other than that used in the meal replacement shakes.

• posted by FoFi
    on

Nothing in this diet (BSD) says anything about no dairy. Full fat yoghurt and butter along with a little cheese (can’t have that much on a 800 kcal diet) seem to be constant features. Do you mean slimfast says no dairy? I have no knowledge of slimfast.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I think you’ll probably find that slimfast is a low fat diet product hence the no dairy rules

• posted by Tezryu
    on

Apologies i have been getting confused between this diet plan and the diet plan as out lined by professor Taylor from Newcastle university .http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/documents/StudyRecipes.pdf if you go straight to the link you will see the plan as outlined , this is the plan i am following hence the mention of no dairy produce.

• posted by Tezryu
    on

Incidentally the link that i posted earlier for the professor Taylor diet plan was a link in the digital copy of the 8 week blood sugar diet by Michael Mosley this is where i have become confused same question applies if anybody knows the answer is it okay to use milk in the shakes ?
    The guide lines actually say that Optifast milk shakes where used so presumably milk was also used.

• posted by FoFi
    on

Hi, the BSD isn’t as strict as that. I think that part of the BSD is to get us used to the 800+ weeks after the initial 8. Perhaps the study said no dairy so that they had the most constant set of data possible, or perhaps they later discovered that it wasn’t necessary. I don’t really know.

I have been following the book and have lost about 2kg per week so far – I am very obese, but I’m not diabetic, and I do understand that if you are diabetic you want to maximise your chance of reversing it.

The optifast shake are mix with water not milk so a different product.

Please log in or register to post a reply.