Daily target for carbs, protein and fat

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Rabbitoh4
    on

Hi I am just starting and would like to know if there is there a level of protein, carbs and fat in grams I should aim for each day?

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Hi Rabbit – if you do a search there will be a lot of threads on this and some very good advice. I use fatsecret to log my protein, carbs, fat daily but there is another site alot of people use here not sure what it is called. I think most keep their carbs under 50 – I don’t as I have a specific diet which doesn’t include meat/dairy. Everyone’s body is as individual as their personality and what may work for one may not work for another. If you are doing this for T2 then my best advice is to eliminate all rice, potatoes, pasta and processed foods. If you do this you will soon find that carb intake reduces significantly and you are on your way! I eat a plant based diet so my carbs are much higher but got really good results despite this. Reversed T2 and lost a great amount of weight so far. The first couple weeks will be hard (damn hard) but once you break through you will be amazed at how good you feel. Just remember to drink plenty of water – gallons 🙂 and best of luck on your journey – it really does work.

• posted by Rabbitoh4
    on

Thank you Luckylinda, you have been most helpful.

Please log in or register to post a reply.