Courgetti Prawns – are the calories correct?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MarkCrossley
    on

I’ve just made Courgetti Prawns from the recipe in the book, which was delicious, but the calorie count of 390 calories per person seems very high, is this correct?

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I don’t know the answer to your question as such, but I do my own maths for all my recipes by using one of the calorie counter websites such as the nhs one. You could check out the whole recipe that way.

• posted by MarkCrossley
    on

Good idea, just tried that and, even after over estimating for the chilli and garlic etc., I get a max of 250 calories each rather than 390 shown in the book. Maybe it’s an error and it should be 390 in total…

• posted by AnnaJennings
    on

I also use the recipes but add up the calories individually with a checker. I don’t worry too much if I go a little over, for me not exceeding carbs seems to be the key.

• posted by paula121s
    on

Definitely safer to use a separate calorie counter, I find it quick and easy to check online. Some of the meals do seem quite high. Checking the calories and weighing everything also gives me a better idea of what I’m eating, making me think about it more.

Please log in or register to post a reply.