Courgette & apple muffins

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Eleri
    on

I used the recipe in the original book & l’m very disappointed & a tiny bit angry. The recipe must be wrong as they are awful- gritty & just a mess of crumbs. They burnt around the edge but were uncooked inside. Surely 220deg C is too hot? They tasted of uncooked egg & not much else. Did anyone have success with them?

• posted by Successesforus
    on

Hi there, Yes I have just made them and they are not really like muffins, more like rock cakes, but they were not terrible. Just don’t make them again. I rate the recipes in the book as I make them. Most of the things are good, this one is probably not one of my keepers 🙂 . Mind you we have bot lots 10 kgs each so we can’t really complain.

• posted by Eleri
    on

Perhaps I didn’t make them properly. Most of the recipes are excellent & I have lost 12lb in the first month. The coconut flour I bought for the muffins was extremely expensive so I would like to use the rest to make something more edible. Any ideas?

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’ve never cooked with coconut flour so not the best to give advice but maybe add chia seed to help bind them, a bit more liquid and try 180 degree fir a longer period?

• posted by Louise52
    on

I have just made these and I agree – the recipe must be wrong! They are burnt on the outside and uncooked in the middle but not only that are very unappealing to taste. Does the recipe need adjusting?

Please log in or register to post a reply.