Counting calories

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sugar sugar
    on

Im on day 5 of my diet. Im struggling with food calorie count.
    Can anyone tell me a helpful way to find out how many calories I’m eating?
    Problem is-
    I often have to alter recipes or make some up myself…. (for the what the heck is that ingredient factor of many recipies)☺
    How many calories are in broccoli for example. Or any other natural food that wouldn’t have a label…
    I feel like I’d have much more success with weight loss if I could figure this out…..
    Thank you anyone for some insights and imput.

• posted by Natalie
    on

A lot of us use a phone app like MyFitnessPal or CalorieKing, depending on which country we are in. You plug in 50g raw broccoli (or whatever) and it tells you calories, carbs, anything else you want to know. And adds everything up for the day, as well. It does mean you have to weigh everything to get an accurate result.

• posted by PeterPerkin
    on

There are small books available at newsagents which give calories for just about all foods and serving sizes.
    Means you don’t have to weigh every thing to work it out.
    I have one called “Allan Borushek’s Pocket Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate Counter
    It’s really good.

Please log in or register to post a reply.