Confused re blood sugar!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zarabataz
    on

Hi all. I’ve just started the BSD on Monday, so far have lost just over 3kgs. In October I had an HBA1C test and it was 47. Doc said I need to do something or get diabetes within a year. I was referred to the national programme for preventing diabetes and met a wellness coach in January who retested my HBA1C. It was 42. My issue now is that I got a glucose monitor and have been measuring my levels in the morning on waking. They are coming up really high, at levels considers full diabetes?????? I measured 2 hours after food and they show as in the normal range (not even the pre range). Has anyone else come across this. I have had a cold this week and stress at work, but sleep well. Look forward to hearing any comments.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Look for posts regarding something called the dawn phenomenon. It is essentially a good sign, as it means your liver is operating correctly and converting visceral fat into sugar to fuel your body. The fact that the later readings are low enough should mean you have nothing to worry about, but do search for the discussions by people far more knowledgeable than I am.

• posted by Zarabataz
    on

Thank you Mixnmatch. Have found some more info and feeling more relaxed about it all now. Just really paranoid since being told that not far off diabetes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.