Completed 8 weeks fast 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Carbdodger
    on

So I have over the past two months read this forum everyday to keep me motivated. I hope I can repay the favour and motivate even just one person with my modest success. Now I am not diabetic but with constant tiredness a thirst that couldn’t be quenched even after drinking 2 litres in one go and waking up 3-4 times per night for the toilet I am sure I was definitely heading that way. All these issues are now resolved!!!

I am 33, 5’9 male and 8 weeks ago I weighed 16 stone 10 lbs/ 234 lbs Today I weigh 13 stone 10 lbs exactly 3 stone or 42 lbs lighter. I hope to lose another 21 lbs in for a goal weight of 12 stone 3 lbs.

The first week I lost 10 lbs and have lost every week except week 5-6 where I stalled but after one mammoth Meal of nearly 3000 calories I weighed in 2 days later 6 lbs lighter.

I have tried low low carb and aim for 20 grams per day but find 50 grams per day perfect for me, as it keeps my energy and mood up while ensuring regular weight loss. I have followed a 20/4 fast for the first 6 weeks and past 2 weeks gone OMAD [one meal a day] there will be days I’m not hungry at all and eat 300 calories and days where I eat 1000 calories but I always average 800 calories per day over the week. You have to find what works for you and you’re more likely to stick to it.

I have also teamed this diet with starting C25k running program. Which is to get a complete novice to run 5k. Which I finally completed today. I now graduate to the 5k-10k program. With the end goal of running a marathon within the next year!

So to anyone reading this post considering starting this diet please do it, it has changed my life. Following the principles I have no doubt I will shift the remaining weight and complete my marathon. If anyone has any specific questions don’t hesitate to ask and I will be happy to answer and let you know what has worked for me.

I would like to thank everyone who has posted on here, you have helped me achieve this weight loss.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Just Wow!! That is amazing (both the discard and keeping quiet for 8 weeks on the forum). All best for the marathon! And all the very best for the New You!

• posted by Elky
    on

Hi Carbdodger, you’ve done really well on this WOE, congratulations on the discard and the increased fitness!! Like 6T, I don’t know how you managed to stay silent with all the chatter happening here lol

Thank you for sharing your story, when I’m stuck it’s really good to hear encouraging stories of how this worked for others.

Good luck with the rest of the discard and the training for longer and longer runs 🙂

Cheers, Elky

• posted by New Day Rising
    on

That is amazing. Well done on the weight loss and the running!

• posted by Carbdodger
    on

Thanks, I think I held off posting until I had finished the 8 weeks as I will admit finding it easier than I expected at the start and then I was impatient when reading others threads thinking I’ll have to wait another week to see if XYZ got through that plateau or see if the person who lost 30lb in 4 weeks what their eventual weight loss was after 8 weeks. Like box sets I like to binge watch in one go rather than tune in every week.

In regards to my 3000 calorie blowout that was a planned celebration meal at a steak house with cake etc. I still averaged 1200 a day that week.

Also on OMAD I’m finding it a lot easier keeping my carbs in the 20g range and calories low. I’m very lucky that my 4 favourite meals from the bsd diet book are very low. The yoghurt nuts and berry lunch 200 calories I ate for the first 6 weeks everyday. I crave this now on a daily basis. The easy roast chicken dinner, all day breakfast and the korma with cauliflower rice! I eat oily fish twice a week usually salmon.

I do track calories on my fitness pal but stay quiet on there as it seems they do not like this diet as they do not advocate VLCDs even though being morbidly obese is even more dangerous to health and the science behind this diet.

I hope in the next 7 weeks I will have reached my target weight to coincide with my 10k race!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Carbdodger congratulations on you fantastic discard! I am a little tongue in cheek jealous of you as I have discarded just over 3 stone in 12 weeks. I am only a little jealous because you are a man and your metabolism is a lot different to us women’s 🤣. Every man I have ever known has lost weight quicker than me, it is just how your bodies work and your stubbornness. This by no means and insult or criticism it is just how it is. I am sure you will discard more and get to your next target without a problem and I wish you all the best. I am hoping to get to 12 stone but I would love to be 13 stone by the time I go on holiday on the 13th of August. Fingers crossed. Welcome to the forum and I am really looking forward to hearing about your progress over the coming weeks.

6T I don’t blame him for keeping quiet we are a load of lovely clucking hens and he probably wouldn’t have got a word in edgeways🤣🤣. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Baby Bumblebee
    on

Congratulations! This is day one for me, so consider me inspired! I like your ‘binge watch’ approach to your journey. 😀 Good luck with your next goal and with the 5k, although you seem fairly motivated, so I doubt you need the luck. xxx

• posted by Carbdodger
    on

So I have lost another 4 lb basically following a sort of alternate day fast of 800 cals then 1400 cals repeat! But still low carb and OMAD. Managed a 10 k run at weekend and now run 10-15 miles a week.

I do know a lot of women who have trouble dieting who even after seeing my transformation they still think this diet is too “extreme” or “dangerous”. But as long as they count their syns and losing and regaining the same 5lbs.

I look so much better in clothes and feel great but still have a way to go. I will admit I don’t look how I thought I would at this weight. I still have a belly and can’t imagine at my target weight it will be completely gone.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Carbdoger, you are doing great!

• posted by ManTooBig
    on

Hi carbdodger.
    Your post (25/9/19) is very inspiring, especially for me.
    I too am 5’9″ and was 16 stone but now 15st (lost over last year on no special diet). Two days ago I started the BSD and am on Wk 3 of the C25K programme.
    I aim to have either 2 scrambled eggs or yoghurt berries/nuts for brekkie but am struggling to find reasonable packed lunch for the 3 days a week I work. My wife is not on the BSD but I am aiming to follow the recipe book for main evening meals.
    Can you recommend any packed lunches?
    Thanks again and well done!

• posted by ManTooBig
    on

sorry carbdodger, your post of 25/6/19

Please log in or register to post a reply.