Coeliac and just started following 800 fast plan

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Smithj
    on

I notice that the recipes for bread in the blood sugar diet cookery book all use spelt or wheatflour. Has anyone tried any gluten free flours as alternatives to them ? Bought gluten free bread has a lot of chemicals and sugar in it.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Smithj, I have never seen a recipe for bread in the BSD books but that is probably because I have never looked. Just thinking about from your post I googles healthy alternatives to gluten free bread and it came up with a site called http://www.healthline.com and it gives recipes for oopsie bread, rye bread and soda bread. The reason I asked for ‘alternatives’ is because when I googled gluten free all the recipes said buy gluten free flour but we dont want to eat flour at all. Think I might makes these when my family come out so I can have a guilt free nibble.

Please log in or register to post a reply.