Clearing The Pantry…an Idea

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 8WeeksAndCounting
    on

Hi,

Like many starting out on the BSD, I’m sure like me, you’ll have a pantry full of ‘forbidden’ goods, whilst it conflicts with my Yorkshire heritage, I’ve decided to be quite ruthless, box everything up and donate it to a local food bank or such charity. That way temptation will be removed and it’ll not be wasted!

I’m aware I’ll not be encouraging others to undertake the BSD doing this, but sometimes it’s better than going to waste and some people are very much in need of foodstuffs, irrespective of the items…there’s not a lot of junk food, but stuff I’m choosing to exclude.

Good Luck and Stay strong,

Red

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

What a very good idea Red. A double win! Looking forward to hearing how it’s going. When you’re ready join us in the weekly or monthly challenge – they’re our support network. 😉
    Maggie

• posted by treelady
    on

Hi Red,
    I had the same idea when wandering out of the supermarket this morning – there is so much carb dense foods in my store cupboard, and I can’t bring myself to throw them out, but I noticed a food bin charity box has suddenly appeared near the exit door.
    So my evening project for this week (besides watering the veg garden and ducks every night) will be to work through all the cupboards and box it up to give away.

• posted by Squidge
    on

A good idea – but I doubt they’ll take anything which has been opened, so I’d only bother with the complete packs.

• posted by treelady
    on

Hi Squidge – yes, I have lots of unopened packets of pasta, rice, cous cous, tinned beans of all varieties, etc, etc. Anything that’s been opened, I will cook and feed to the chickens, who will return the favour with providing some eggs (despite the heat sabotaging their laying at the moment).

• posted by 8WeeksAndCounting
    on

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback, not such a bad idea then…and I do accept the comment about opened packets, plenty of animals who’d appreciate that.

Maggie, I’ll look out for the challenges…thanks!

Red

• posted by Squidge
    on

Treelady, the beans are fine for the diet – unless they’re in sauce?

Please log in or register to post a reply.