Changes in metabolic rate

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wobblebottom
    on

Hi,
    Can adhering to the fast 800 slow metabolic rate?
    I did the Cambridge diet back in the day (330 calories a day) and didn’t have a problem when I returned to every day eating.
    I’ve always thought metabolism was effected more by exercise.
    Can anyone clarify?
    Many thanks

• posted by Frog
    on

No idea wobblebottom – but your name reminded me of a cheese farm that I’ve bought from in the past, and had the cheese in restaurants – Wobbly Bottom Farm in Hertfordshire. Really nice cheese if you see it for sale.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Basic rate of metabolism is defined by genetics and gender, it does/can vary with exercise and there is a perhaps mistaken belief or not that yo-yo diety can foster changes and help one store rather than burn energy. The BSD is not like the traditional calorie controlled slimming diets. It is about changing the way we eat and the foods too by replacing carbs with more nutritionally effective foods of protein and fats and oils. Calories of course may be used to produce energy, to store fat or just to run the body’d basic metabolic rare. This is why counting calories alone does not always help. It is the carbs that affect the insulin system and obesity is derived from the body becoming insulin resistant and developing metabolic syndrome or syndrome X leading to obesity and T2 diabetes. So stick to Dr M’s guidelines and shrink like the rest of us without worrying too much.

Please log in or register to post a reply.