Cauliflower rice microwaved

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sloop John B
    on

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this topic and apologies if it’s been covered before but a search brought up about 50 posts.

I’m just starting off and know that rice and potato substitutes will be important for me.

I see 2 recipes between the 8 week BS diet book and the recipe book.

The book indicates 7 minutes in the microwave whilst the cookbook indicates 1-2 minutes.

From your experiences which gives the best results?

Thanks

• posted by SaltySeaBird
    on

Hi Sloop JohnB,
    Of course it depends on how much cauliflower – for a large serving for one – (moi), I would cut about 1/4 of a medium cauliflower, rice it and cook for about 4 mins. It also depends whether you still want a bit of ‘al dente’ to it.
    It’s also very nice lightly sautéed in olive oil or butter.
    For cauli mash, it does have to be very soft or you won’t get a smooth mash.
    Hope this helps.
    SSB

• posted by Tululah
    on

Hi sloop! Are you in the UK? Just thought I’d mention that many supermarket now sell the individual frozen micro bags of cauliflower ‘rice’. Iceland for instance do 4 for a pound. Very handy and they have no additives or other ingredients!
    Tully x

• posted by Ozruth
    on

I process a whole cauliflower at a time and microwave for 7 minutes. You don’t have to use it all at once so keep it in the fridge. Really handy to use for pizza bases mixed with egg and some cheese then baked approx 25 mins at 180. Add toppings and bake a further 10mins. Also good to use in vegie fritters and omlettes. Another way we love it is to bake in the oven-process (don’t microwave this time) and spread on an oven tray. I put baking paper on first. Spray with oil and bake til golden. Extra good sprinkled with cumin seeds and turmeric. I take it out a couple of times during the baking and stir it around so it cooks evenly. So versatile!
    Ruth

Please log in or register to post a reply.