Can't Eat Veg

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Annie K
    on

I’m type 2 diabetic & I recently bought Michael’s book hoping to try the blood sugar diet. My problem is I can’t eat most vegetables so I’m having difficulty picking recipes that I can use. Any suggestions of filling non carb non veg recipes would be greatly appreciated.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

What vegetables can’t you eat and why can’t you eat them?

• posted by Natalie
    on

I don’t know if this is Annie’s problem, but my mum couldn’t eat most veg (or herbs and spices) due to a salicylate intolerance. It made her quite difficult to cater for!

• posted by Mermaid
    on

I have salicylate intolerance. Luckily, it’s cyclical, and I have periods of greater tolerance. I take ketotifen to help stabilise mast cells, but I’ve learned (from reading and experience) that sugar (to which I’m addicted ) is inflammatory.
    At the moment I’m able to eat more veg, so long as it’s peeled and in the low-to mid range of the salicylate list. So I avoid tomatoes, peppers, etc.

I also have a theory that a fatty liver may make it harder to produce enzymes needed to metabolise salicylates. So being slim may possibly help my body to function better.

• posted by Annie K
    on

Thanks for your comments. It is difficult at times but I’m sure I’ll find recipes I can use. I think you’re right about being slim helping.

Please log in or register to post a reply.