Can you advise me Low carb BSD and 16 :8

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by IKeeptrying
    on

Hi all I’m thinking of doing the BSD med diet low carb and combining it with IF 16:8 and I’m wondering if I’ll lose weight. I’ve been doing a low carb high fat diet (not BSD) for 12 weeks and have lost 12lb. Which I’m really pleased about 😀😀 BUT my biggest issue is that I’ve been constipated throughout despite eating loads of veg and drinking 3 litres plus of water a day. I take magnesium and FOS/inulin too but still remain bunged up!! I have IBS and problems with my gut and took the advice given on Michaels Clever guts site on sorting my gut out before I did the LCHF DIET. I’ve also had issues with sugar and have probably been pre diabetic in the past. As well as the low carb high fat I’ve been doing IF 16:8 for 5 days each week

I’m now realising that I can’t keep the low carb up as a way of life if it means I’m constipated all the time and I’ve got about 7-10lb more to lose. So I started thinking I need to be eating more pulses like beans, lentils and seeds etc – they’ve always worked for me in shifting things!! I see there’s a.BSD med diet Low carb high fat version

So my point is if I do a BSD low carb med diet – which allows me to eat pulses and seeds and do IF 16:8 as I’ve been doing, will I continue to lose weight?
    Has anyone got any experience of this and successfully losing weight? thanks ifor reading!

• posted by IKeeptrying
    on

Hi all I’m thinking of doing the BSD med diet low carb and combining it with IF 16:8 and I’m wondering if I’ll lose weight. I’ve been doing a low carb high fat diet (not BSD) for 12 weeks and have lost 12lb. Which I’m really pleased about 😀😀 BUT my biggest issue is that I’ve been constipated throughout despite eating loads of veg and drinking 3 litres plus of water a day. I take magnesium and FOS/inulin too but still remain bunged up!! I have IBS and problems with my gut and took the advice given on Michaels Clever guts site on sorting my gut out before I did the LCHF diet. I’ve also had issues with sugar and have probably been pre diabetic in the past. As well as the low carb high fat I’ve been doing IF 16:8 for 5 days each week

I’m now realising that I can’t keep the low carb up as a way of life if it means I’m constipated all the time and I’ve got about 7-10lb more to lose. So I started thinking I need to be eating more pulses like beans, lentils and seeds etc – they’ve always worked for me in shifting things!! I see there’s a.BSD med diet Low carb high fat version

So my point is if I do a BSD low carb med diet – which allows me to eat pulses and seeds and do IF 16:8 as I’ve been doing will I continue to lose weight?
    Has anyone got any experience of this and successfully losing weight?

• posted by IKeeptrying
    on

Sorry I seem to have posted twice!!

• posted by IKeeptrying
    on

Anyone?

• posted by Verano
    on

Just a thought but maybe you should try sticking to just one way of eating and if you have IBS maybe speak to your doctor if you are having problems with constipation. Sorry not to be of more help.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Hi there. I have IBS, and very rarely get ‘backed up.’ However, since starting this last October. I have lost weight, despite cheating quite a lot. Alcohol is my choice of sabotage. The amount of vegetables causes the squits on a regular basis. However, after each ‘episode’ I lose weight. There is no reason why you should get constipated on this diet. The amount of veg and plenty of water should see to that. If you haven’t become regular after 2 weeks on this way of life, you should see the Doctor. Alternatively, you could try something like fibrogel, which I am assured helps.

I regularly fast for 24 hours and if not I do 16/8. So I suppose the answer is, yes you should lose weight. The only question I would ask is where do your carbs come from? Which vegetables?…some are higher in fibre as I am sure you know. I am sure you will be able to sort something out.

I hope this helps. I am so sorry you have had problems. Everyone on here is incredibly supportive and knowledgeable, if you have a query, just post it and people will help. Keep trying, you will do it.

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by IKeeptrying
    on

Thank you Verana and nonna and thanks for the welcome. I’ll certainly try the bs diet and join in the forum any tips you can give me I’ll be grateful for

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

to IKeeptrying: Have been lowcarbing for about 4 years now and symathize with you. But I have found a great solution, but it is a bit fiddly. Psyllium flax bread. The psyllium is the same stuff in Metamusil and does the trick AND you get bread. Lots of psyllium bread recipes on the web these days….this is my favorite. I don’t bake it in a loaf pan……just blob onto a baking tray with a silpat mat free form like an Italian bread loaf. It ends up being very dense but cut very thinly and then toasted in a frying pan is great with eggs for breakfast or with tuna or egg salad on it for lunch. And when toasted it is crunchy. I soooooo missed crunchy bread type things. I slice is on the diagonal to get a longer slice….and get about 30 thin slices per loaf.

Hope this does the trick for you. See link below.

https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/the-best-psyllium-flax-bread/

Please log in or register to post a reply.