can vegetarians do this?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by missymaybe
    on

Hello , I am just pondering on whether vegetarians with a cows milk dairy intolerance can do this ?
    I have about 10lb I would like to lose – I managed to lose a lot of weight last year through shock ( and consequently just living on scrambled eggs for 4 months mainly) – I would say that I eat a very low carb diet ( still eating mainly omlette 3 times a day with salad or veg, no pasta , rice, potato, bread or grains ) but I do have a dreadful sweet tooth – not a day goes past without some sweet goods , usually a cereal bar, sometimes a few squares of chocolate or 4/5 boiled sweets. I would say I carry the excess 10lbs on my tummy area. I swim 5 times a week, run twice a week and walk over the 10,000 steps a day – so something is not adding up as to why I struggle to lose the belly and the scales never seem to budge very far BUT on the odd occasion that carbs do get eaten – the bloating and weight gain is instant! Any thoughts gratefully received .. many thanks

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I would say that is very do-able as if you take out the sugar from your existing diet you are almost there. Try making your own low carb nut bars to replace the cereal bars, or eating a handful of nuts/seeds/berries/cocoa nibs instead of the sugar filled things, and make the chocolate more than 70% cacao and you’re there.

• posted by missymaybe
    on

thank you – that is helpful , a few tweaks then…. I have to say I am not looking forward to trying to cut out the sugar , but I do recognise that this must indeed be the culprit!!! I am not a fan of the 70/80% chocolate – it is the sugary stuff I like 🙂 , but , i think it is just a matter of re training the taste buds!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Indeed, I have got to the stage now when I can find things ‘too sweet’ where before the diet I had a very sweet tooth. You will be amazed how sweet some things like tomatoes start to taste when the taste buds are retrained.

Please log in or register to post a reply.