Calorie measure in recipes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Marzipan
    on

This may be a silly question but does the calorie measure shown against each recipe in the recipe book represent the calorie measure per serve or for the whole recipe; eg pork chops with red cabbage, serves 2, has a calorie measure of 420 calories, is this the measure for the whole recipe or for each individual serve? If you then have roasted Mediterranean veg, serves 4, calorie count 130, with the pork chops, as an individual serve would give a total of 550 calories.Then, if you had fruit sponge pudding, serves 4, calorie measure of 350, you would have ‘achieved’ your 800 calories in one meal! is this correct?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

per person, so no you cant have the fruit sponge pudding thinking it is only 350 divided by 4. Yes you could eat your whole days allowance in one meal, you just have to plan very carefully.

• posted by AnneSamantha
    on

I am also asking a question as posted by Marzipan about calories being for 1 people or 2. I see the reply, that the calories are per person.
    So for instance; Avocado and feta bash is listed as 460 calories (serves 2)….which would be 460 calories per person…yes?
    However, when I work out the individual calories of the recipe, they total just 398….not 920?????

• posted by JGwen
    on

Quite a few different people have pointed out that the calorie figures for the recipes in the books are incorrect. – Best to use one of the apps like fatsecret and log everything to get an accurate figure.

Please log in or register to post a reply.