Calorie Count

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by thechimpsons
    on

Hi all

I’m sure this may have been raised before but the calories quoted in the book sometimes differ significantly from values in my fitness pal. For instance No-Carb bircher is stated at 180 calories however when it is inputted into the app the calorie count is 308. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi there – I agree and when I started this I just concentrated on eating from the recipe book and not worrying about logging everything for two reasons. 1.I’m too busy! and 2. I had the above problem. I just chose a breakfast, a lunch and a dinner and didn’t worry about the rest. 13 weeks on and I’ve lost just short of 15% of my original body weight and have kicked the carb monster. My philosophy is, if it’s working, don’t worry.

Hope that helps

TC

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Unfortunately some of the recipes are way out so you either have to just trust them or do your own calculations and adjust. That particular recipe comes out at 310 on my sparkpeople calculator but 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds is an awful lot, maybe it is meant to be 2 teaspoons but would still have it well over 200 calories. Just use them as a guide as to what is allowed to eat.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

The recipe book works for us. But I do have a lot to loose so perhaps not so worried about the recipes not being right.

Please log in or register to post a reply.