BSD – Side Affects

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mags Gardner
    on

Fourth week in and suffering really bad from haemorrhoids, is this down to the diet and if yes has anyone suffered the same and what did you do to combat this I am in so much pain and discomfort and been to the doctors twice, please help if you went through the same.

Looking forward to your comments if you have experienced the same side affects whilst on BSD

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Not a medic but used to be a nurse. I very much doubt a diet can CAUSE haemorrhoids. Have you suffered with constipation during the diet and this can push them down or make them bleed. Drink plenty of water.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Make sure you are including enough fibre in your meals too. If you are in doubt, take some Psyllium Husk to be sure, but again, make sure you are dinking plenty, as this will make a difference.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Another ex nurse and I agree with Sunshine girl. This way of eating has made me more constipated, but as I had IBS for 30+ years that is a bit of a treat! Lots of water and some kind of stool softener ( you did ask!) should get things moving again and the piles should heal up.
    Best of luck, piles can be miserable. 👍

Please log in or register to post a reply.