BSD Macros?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Britta
    on

Hi all
    Hope the force is with you all. I’ve been looking at my macros for the first almost two weeks and this week I’m averaging 24% carbs, 49% fat and 27% protein, last week carbs were 15%, fat 57% and protein 28%. I’m doing fine in terms of weight loss so no immediate urgency, but should my protein be higher? I can’t find the book to see if it suggests a particular balance? We don’t eat huge amounts of meat, but I suppose I could add a chicken breast here or there.. I seem to be feeling a bit more hungry this week than last. That could just be to do with monthly cycle, but on the other hand could also have something to do with the increase in carbs and decrease in fat… any thoughts?

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Interested in the answers – your percentages last week are about the same as what mine tend to sit at….. would imagine the increase in carbs probably isnt helping…. maybe focus on reducing the carb % rather than increasing others…… remove some carb and add cheese for example.
    I’m not expert.

• posted by Britta
    on

Thanks WindyJulz. I think you’re probably right. Just checked and I’ve eaten less meat and more chickpeas and beans this week. So it’s probably worth braving a visit to the shop for some meat, rather than chilli con carne, butterbean soup, hummus and black bean salad all in one week!!

• posted by PTR
    on

Normal recommendations for protein are about 1.6 grams per kg of body weight per day (although I can’t remember if the BSD guidance is different or not).

Protein is believed to help with reducing hunger so try upping the amount and see what happens (I don’t think having more protein will make any difference from a weight perspective).

Have a look around for other high protein foods apart from meat – two of my favoiurites are cottage cheese and eggs as they’re also low on calories.

Two other ideas that work for me:
    Increase water intake;
    Bulk out meaks with low calorie things like tomatoes, broccoli and other low cal vegetables.

Please log in or register to post a reply.