BSD 3 – A New Dawn

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Purple Martian
    on

I am here to re-introduce myself and attempt the BSD for the third time.
    I’m hoping that by setting it out here I will have a record (for myself, if nobody else!) of where I started from and what I want to achieve. I have no scales so I am using my waist measurements to determine how well it’s going. Tonight’s measurement is a miserable 86cm.

I’ve tried the BSD a couple of times in the past and somewhat half-heartedly. I think it’s mainly because I can eat a lot without any significant weight increase (I think the term is TOFI?) and I love food. However, I’ve spent the last 10 months studying and I eat a lot of rubbish when I’m studying, often late into the night. I have no energy, feel tired and fat and there is a tyre developing around my middle. My skin looks terrible and I want to be able to fit into my clothes. I also think my young children deserve better than a middle-aged tired slob for a mother.

I have finished my last assignment for this course tonight and I have eaten the last piece of chocolate in the house.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Purple Martian — welcome to the BSD for the 3rd time! 😜 Third time’s the charm! So this time, if you fall off for any reason, just “start” again the very next day and just keep “starting” again and again and again until it becomes second nature. I have come to understand that we have to LEARN how to do this diet right — it just takes time to permanently ingrain the ideas — so just keep going! I will look for your posts and best wishes!

• posted by tigs
    on

Love that you are back again. I am a bit the same and we all share this ‘learning’ I agree. I found it helped to focus on pushing through the day only. Keep eye on getting to bed without having lost that determination. And if you have, hey ho, pick right back up the next day. Go well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.