Breakfasts ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Robyn
    on

What are you having for breakfast ? I do so miss my toast on a morning..what are you eating instead of cereal / toast ?

• posted by Lily
    on

To be honest, I’m not having breakfast much. I’ve never really fancied eating breakfast early in the morning so decided I’d wait until I was hungry.

But fruit and yogurt would work, egg and bacon, boiled egg with asparagus dippers, bacon wrapped around fresh pineapple, vegetable omelette.

And don’t rule out eating last night’s leftovers for breakfast. Who says you can’t eat beef stew for breakfast? 🙂

• posted by Debsym62
    on

I am having Greek yogurt with blueberries or passion fruit. Pretty the diet I was having Greek yogurt with nuts and agave syrup. I do miss the agave a little bit.

• posted by NormalNorma
    on

I’ve had poached egg on spinach or salad greens. Nice!

• posted by Jane
    on

My favourite breakfast is 2 tabs Greek yoghurt, small handful frozen berries, pepitas, linseed, walnuts and 50ml grapefruit juice. Yummy! Close to what I was having only smaller proportions. I do miss my g/f toast and g/f vegemite though.

• posted by Jane
    on

Yes I like this too and makes me feel energised.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m not a big fan of eggs, once a week is more than enough, so I generally either have Greek yoghurt (home made Easiyo, no sugar) with fresh fruit in it, or leftover meat + salad. I don’t worry if it doesn’t seem like a “breakfast food”. Sometimes bacon + salad but I don’t think we’re supposed to have processed meat very often so I try to keep bacon to once a week.

• posted by Freda
    on

Because of health probs I have difficulty waking and really coming round ( yes, I know everyone does, ha ha!) so haven’t been having breakfast. My husband has been making me a bullet proof coffee but I think I will just have warm milk. I will count the calories, not sure if it will make a difference or if it will be ok. First day today so I will have to wait and see!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I would check out the grapefruit juice. We were told at the diabetes clinic that for some reason, grapefruit is an absolute no no for diabetics

• posted by Ingenue
    on

Never heard of that, but I know you can’t have grapefruit juice if you are taking statins, as they nullify the effect

• posted by JenC
    on

I’ve been having egg muffins-I sautéed mushrooms, onion and peppers together and then added it to eggs and a little grated cheese and baked them in a muffin tin. My recipe makes 12 (I have 2 each day) and they work out to 82cals and 1.8g of carbs each.

• posted by Floraellen
    on

I understood that graefruit and juices increased the effect of the statins either way best not to have them. I have just come back from Medeira where they had the biggest freshest grapefruit and oh did my mouth water. But l was good.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Freda
    Since my sister and I have been doing the BSD we are more able to wake up.
    Hope it helps you too.
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Robyn
    I have a Nutriblend and make a smoothie. I have discovered a book written for the 5:2diet with lots of very nutritious low carb recipes. It’s called the 5:2 low carb Nutribullet recipe book by Susan Fotherington. Kindle edition about £3.
    Penny

• posted by Angie50
    on

Hi everyone,
    Does anyone have any other ideas of what to eat other than eggs or cottage cheese for breakfast. I have tried the yoghurt, Apple and mango which is great but any other ideas I could try because I don’t won’t to get board with just yoghurt and eggs etc. Thank you.

• posted by Robyn
    on

That sounds really nice !

Please log in or register to post a reply.