Blood Sugar Levels

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by General Dogsbody
    on

Took my Blood Sugar reading on Monday morning when I started and it was 8.0 (my blood pressure was also raised) and weighed myself … could not wait until Monday to test myself again sooooo have lost 8 pounds, blood pressure back in the ‘normal zone’ and Blood Sugar 8.8!!!!! Will defo have to go back to the drawing board to see what I am doing wrong … or if its just me! Am not going to give up as I would in the past am going to keep on trucking and am going to get this under control.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey General
    When are you testing?
    The dawn effect can make fasting results very erratic, best to test before and 2 hours after a meal, you’ll get more accurate readings and a good idea of how your body handles different foods.

• posted by General Dogsbody
    on

Thanks, always thought the best time was a fasting blood test … saying that went over my 800 cals yesterday by eating a jam sandwich before I went to bed, this ,morning my blood pressure was raised but blood sugar down to 6!!! Think I have a lot of ‘jiggaling’ (if that is even a word!) to get this to work for me.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

I agree completely with Bill1954, but you could also take a morning test to see if you have Dawn Phenomena (raised BGs in the morning), if you do, eat breakfast sooner in the morning to combat the morning rise/

Please log in or register to post a reply.