Blood Pressure

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by trimlin20
    on

Has anyone found the low carb eating helps address high blood pressure.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi trimlin20, welcome to the site. Oh yes it is good for reducing BP, and high cholesterol and triglycerides, fatty liver, acne, IBS, arthritis, etc. I could go on as it is great for lots of ailments. Not sure if it is a chicken and egg syndrome i.e. you lose weight fairly quickly, stay motivated to lose more weight and being overweight can be the cause (or not good for) a lot of these problems. However, there is some scientific evidence for going low carb which is why it is good for diabetics. Besides that, highly starchy carbs are difficult for the body to digest, cause spikes in blood glucose leading to insulin release which then leads to cravings for more carbs. Eat more carbs want more carbs. Remember this is a low carb diet not a no carb diet. You will find carbs in lots of places not just cakes, biscuits, potatoes, pasta, cereals, bread etc etc but also in fruit and veg. Dont shun everything, just start by getting rid of the main baddies.

• posted by trimlin20
    on

Thank you sunshine girl, much appreciated

• posted by freester
    on

Yes – I specifically started the BSD to address Hypertension after my GP recommended the diet. I was always marginal but creeped up to being above the recommendation and he was threatening to medicate. This was my last chance. Miraculously my BP started showing positive signs within a week of embarking on the 800 cals a day. Now 15 months later all good, and still good!

• posted by trimlin20
    on

Thanks Freester That’s encouraging I really don’t want to have meds. I have noticed a slight drop in the BP, I have only been on the diet two weeks so it’s early days, but I wasn’t sure if the drop was from the diet or less anxiety about the self reading results 🙂 as I get used to doing it.

• posted by freester
    on

Spammer ^^^^ reported

Please log in or register to post a reply.