Blood donation

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wahlass
    on

Hi I’m about to start week 3, on Wednesday I’ve a blood donation appointment and obviously you need to eat before and keep blood sugars up so don’t faint. Do you think I should donate? Or will I be ok. Any advice please
    Nicola

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi, I have answered this question yesterday but it must have been for someone else. There is no reason to change from this diet to give blood. If you have a tendency to faint or go dizzy take something with you like some nuts or a couple of prunes and seriously keep up the fluids, do not eat the biscuits they offer. Your blood is replaced within a few hours so does not really have very much effect on your body.

• posted by Wahlass
    on

I’m normally ok but eat loads before I go. Thanks for the advice

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

As long as you are not seriously hungry, have a snack before and after but there is no need to eat lots before. It is fluid you lose so just make sure you drink plenty of water afterwards.

Please log in or register to post a reply.