Big lad, 10 days in, keto flu is real and I'm tired

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mister B
    on

Hi all. 50 year old here, over 131kg last Monday (11 Feb). Booze (a truckload) , carbs and portion sizes have historically been my poison. And eating as comfort/stress release.

But off we go! Weight loss, not blood sugar so much. And so far it’s going well (5 kg already after 10 days). Sticking to it with support from Missus B, but I’m oh so tired. Through “Mount Crankiness” after 7 days (mostly), but tired and attention to detail is pretty ropey. And if was tracking steps I’d do 10,000 b/w my desk and the Gents.

But fingers crossed.

• posted by chrisadams
    on

Well done Sir, I’m similar to yourself. Started at 128kg 8 days ago and heading towards 5kg loss by day 10.
    As was tired through the sugar problem things only seem to be getting better, but expecting a ‘low’ coming soon!

Keep up the good work

• posted by George46
    on

Hi Mr B, Well done. Its tuff as I’m on my 3rd week and felt very tired too. It gets better after a few days, but must admit I still have naps over the weekend. Drink plenty of water, I bought a sodastream as i find still water boring compared to the amount of diet coke I was drinking. Keep going and post how you get on. G46

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,
    Our bodies treat water and salt very differently if we are eating a high carb or low carb diet. – If you are heading to the loo a lot, and are seeing a rapid weight loss your body is releasing water. – When that happens your kidneys also release electrolytes.
    The carb flu is caused by a lack of salt. – Just take a pinch of salt occasionally during the day. A lot of people use rock salt and just let a small amount melt on their tongue.

Please log in or register to post a reply.