Beware 'BERRY Medley'

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MissT
    on

Sorry, don’t know where to post this but thought it might be helpful.
    I love M&S food but…….
    Just bought M&S ‘BERRY MEDLEY’. I was in a hurry but it didn’t occur to me to check the contents as I could clearly see Strawberries and Raspberries.
    When I got home and opened it there were loads of GRAPES (???)
    Turns out that ingredients are listed as 55% GRAPES!!
    I have written to them to clarify how grapes qualify as berries but thought I would help save someone else’s time and money ๐Ÿ˜ค

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I wd have been drawn to that too MISS T..i’ m just eating sooooo many berries these days..between them and the occasional nuts,i feel like a woodland creature living in the forest!
    That was so wrong of Marks to include grapes as over half the contents! Let us know what they say! X

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hope you have better respons than me when I wrote to them asking why they include sugar in a lot of their meat products. Told its to improve flavour and texture. Asked why chicken cooked in a sugar marinade. Told they don’t cook in sugar – so I sent them photos of relevant labels. Answer back – sorry you didn’t like our reply, the information came from our nutritionist!

• posted by MissT
    on

Hi Yowzer. I know what you mean but isn’t it wonderful that it actually works! Worth being ‘squirrel-like’ for the results ๐Ÿ˜Š I’m following 800 cals by using home made shakes for brunch and a low carb evening meal. Having great fun making bizarre healthy concoctions and still really enjoying them! So far, lost weight, reduced blood sugars by half and reduced insulin by more than half! What’s not to like?๐Ÿ™Œ Hope you’re doing well too ๐Ÿ˜˜ Keep on ‘foraging’! ๐Ÿ€

• posted by Barbarar
    on

Your post got me thinking and so I looked on the web. Surprisingly, from a botanical point of view, grapes are true berries; strawberries and raspberries are not true berries and the following are also “berries” :
    Banana, Avocado, Pumpkin, Tomato, Watermelon, Kiwi.
    Never too old to learn!

• posted by Barbarar
    on

… Wonder what M and S make of that!

• posted by MissT
    on

Hmm…. and I wait with bated breath to hear how they turn grapes into berries! ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by MissT
    on

Hope they’re not signed up to these forums – you may have just given them a get out clause! If in doubt, blind the people with science! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Interesting……..

• posted by Barbarar
    on

Indeed Miss T…
    I wonder if it csn it be called Berry Medley if only 55% true berry? Haha. No doubt theyll have an answer.

• posted by MissT
    on

Ha ha! I’m even more intrigued now as to how they might talk themselves out of it ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    I’ll post as soon as I hear from them ๐Ÿ˜

Please log in or register to post a reply.