Beetroot soup (Borscht)?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by YogaJo
    on

Day 6 into the diet having bought the latest book and enjoying it totally as its making me rethink my dietary habits.
    Can anyone tell me if beetroot soup made with red cabbage, vinegar, onion, carrot and beef stock is ok on this diet?
    I can’t see why not but i’m a bit surprised that I can’t find any recipes or mention of it anywhere.
    Thanks!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Just count up all the calories in the ingredients. Carbs too if you are counting them.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Beetroot is a root veg and they can be quite high in carbs although I am always of the mind that if something is a good carb and you count it then it is okay. Just dont have it too often and make sure you balance out the rest of the days cals and carbs.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It sounds like a good recipe, I’d like to make it myself. I had a soup maker for Christmas and am always looking for good ideas for soups. I even have some beetroot, red cabbage, red onions and purple haze carrots in at the moment to go for the whole red theme. Is red wine vinegar allowed I wonder?

• posted by YogaJo
    on

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I will post the recipe as I find it quite daunting to work out the dietary values as I’m a bit of a creative cook when it comes to quantities. Thanks for all advice!

Please log in or register to post a reply.