Been on the BSD for one week, okay so far.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kathwc
    on

Hi All, Just started the BSD. Not prediabetic but over weight so putting myself at risk. It has been okay so far. The hardest thing is going shopping with other members of my family who are putting all those lovely high carb stuff in their shopping trolley. As my Mum is 85 years young and underweight I think she can treat herself. The only hiccup I have is getting 2-3 litres of fluid into me. Weighing myself twice a week. Stated at 75kg, 4 days in 72.5kg, Monday next weigh day. Best of luck with the diet everyone. I am hoping that I can be an example to my sister who is very very overweight, but she has some psychological well being issues and an assortment of health problems and her medication doesn’t help.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome aboard kathwc, seems you have made a really good start – long may it continue. Fear not, your palate will change and soon you will not be thinking of high carb stuff as lovely. Hydration can be a challenge, my trick is to use very big cups for my hot drinks and a water bottle for my cold drinks, as well as drawing pictures of little cups and glasses on my board in the kitchen, which I cross through as I make another drink. Perhaps you can think up something similar strategies to help you keep your hydration up.

Please do join other threads on the forum, as there is a wealth of support, advice and encouragement to be tapped into and you’ll receive a warm welcome on any thread you feel has relevance to you. The challenge threads – a weekly and monthly one – are great places populated by people at various stages along their BSD path and they love to share experience and wisdom. It was definitely the support found on the forum, which got me to target and has supported me in staying there, or there abouts.

Best wishes to you on continued success and hope to see you out and about on other threads. Please be sure to post updates, as we love a reason to celebrate!

• posted by kathwc
    on

Thanks Sunny for your advice. I do drink hot water, maybe I need to buy a bigger mug .

Please log in or register to post a reply.