bbc tonight –

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by keeptrying
    on

the ‘truth about healthy eating’ is on BBC1 tonight at 9pm

I wonder what their message will be??!!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

The only promote message givers and then with a pretence of balance have a guest with an opposite view that is less credible for the point they want to promote. Last week they were talking about fat in diets but did not even mention sugar in the clip I watched. It was a missed opportunity from our POV but as Doc Mosley is/was BBC medic making films and an investigative scientist and reporter, it could be informative. Of course for those who have already worked out what healthy means in our terms we do not expect to learn much. Labelling is dire, sugar and salt contents are wicked and the low fat message has been bogus all along. I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised at their approach, but not putting money on it…

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Just watching Fiona explaining how fried eggs don’t soak up the fat! Was testing cereals but admitted fried breakfast kept you fuller longer. No mention of sugar yet nearly 2130h. She does not seem to be aware of Doc M’s advice so far… Starting on drinks and smoothies now

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Adding teaspoons of glucose and salt and fruit juice to water to increase its hydrating properties and water is not as good as milk in all its forms Full, semi and skimmed at lest for hydrating! She has been either conned or bought by the look of it unless she is so poorly educated as to follow the line provided by the sponsor who must be a food and sugar lobbyist with some support from the “Health Foods and Supplements Industry” Grudging admission now that full fat milk might even be good for us

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

So in BBC world sugar does not really exist let lone addiction to it or to carbs – Usual trashy TV pseudo scientific, wasted an hour.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I liked the message that regular healthy eating was better than buying loads of processed, expensive products – but it didn’t really explain what was needed for a healthy diet.

Please log in or register to post a reply.