Back from Turkey and doing okay.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Been out of the loop for a while now and wanting to get back to ‘normal’ and start dropping pounds again. Sorry to have been out of contact for so long, but it was good to have a bit of a tech detox for a while, so I hope you will forgive me for not keeping in touch as before.

So anyway, I can report that after 10 weeks away, I arrive back to find I have gained 2.8lb – not a result to be sniffed at really and I’m quietly quite chuffed. Usually on just a short break, I can expect to pile on anything from 4lb up so 2.8 in 10wks is pretty good. Daily use of ketosticks has been a huge help and indeed, was my only indication while I was away, as to how I was doing – well that, and making sure I could get the waist band on my red cut-offs done up for the duration. Obviously there were days when I was out of ketosis, but the majority showed a positive result, even if it was only very low. Interestingly, I found that if I cut back the carbs too hard, the result was not as strong as on the days I was not a stringent.

Now I am home, my plan is to begin on the Fast 800 again, starting today. My intention is to stick as closely to 800cals a day as possible, but not to panic if I’m a bit over. However, I’ll be keeping a close eye on the carbs though and will continue to use the ketosticks and weigh daily. If I could drop another 14lb I’d be more than happy.

I haven’t had time to check the other forum threads yet, but hope everyone is doing well – captainlynn, Janet1973, hashimoto, Bill and all the old crew. Hopefully I will find your news as I begin to catch up with the forum again. Looking forward to catching up on things.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey SunnyB
    just got back myself on Friday, isn’t Turkish food wonderful ? I had no problems at all in sticking to the plan out there.
    Carbs? what the hell are they ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Bill – love the Turkish food and it’s really easy to eat healthily and well there. Think my downfall was the drive back through France, where I found it hard to really effectively avoid the carbs. Still, home now and getting back to normality and the BSD principles – good feeling actually.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi SunnyB

I had an overnight stay in London (followed by breakfast at Heathrow!) to fly to Italy for 10 days then meal at Kings Cross Station before train home.

I love Italy, but there are so many carbs I did wonder how I’d cope. Stayed with friends, so shopped for what I could eat. Some ‘interesting’ meals out often leading to conversations about what I am doing. Sometimes my choice was very restricted, but I had what was available (successfully avoiding the horse meat) and enjoyed not only the food, but also the conversations with so many different people.

I’m going back to Italy in October and now I know how to cope. My friends won’t have such a shock when they meet me at the airport and know what I can eat now, and why I’m doing it.

Oh – I lost 2 pounds between the day I left home and the day after I got home. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done captainlynne! Little envious you managed to lose even whilst away, but it just goes to show what can be achieved, even when you are enjoying yourself. I’m back on the 800 again and have lost half of the weight I gained while way, so I’m back on track again I’m pleased to say.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks SunnyB

Glad you had a good holiday, and that you’re back on track ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

It’s a lot easier on the BSD than any other ‘diet’ I’ve been on to either stick to it on holiday, or to get back on track afterwards. And any weight gained on holiday seems to disappear quickly to! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Please log in or register to post a reply.