Average calories????

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Paddingtonbsd
    on

Hi, I am one week in and have lost 5lbs which I am over the moon with. However, I have used all the recipes from the Blood sugar diet book and logged them on My Fitness Pal. My average for the week is 935 per day, how can this be?! Looking forward to some light being shed on this. Thank you

• posted by Paddingtonbsd
    on

Actually, I have just removed my exercise calories from MFP and now my average has gone up to 1150?! 😟

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I have seen a lot of people comment on the FB 8Week BSD groups about the inaccuracies of the calorie count for recipes in both books.
    I always enter the ingredients in My Fitness Pal too and then adjust my serving size so that I don’t eat more than 800-850 each day.
    I suppose the trouble is that it can depend on what brand of ingredient you use, also the size. So if the recipe says 1 chicken breast for example, the weight of this could vary quite a bit.
    But at the end of the day if you’ve lost 5lb in your first week that is great, you can focus on going down to 800 calories from tomorrow by just tweaking the recipes a bit, or adjusting your serving sizes.
    I know there’s one recipe in particular, the tuna and arthichoke salad, that one serving is way too much for me to eat, so I have half the amount in the recipe.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Just further to this – I just had a look at the 8 week meal plan in the recipe book and noticed that the calories are different for each day, some days are 690, another (usually only one per week) is 900, other days are in between.

• posted by jocomp
    on

I eat between 800 and 1000 and lose every week. I probably average at 950. Also I have the odd day where I go up to 1500!

Please log in or register to post a reply.