At the halfway point

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Loosejeans
    on

Hi all, I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts and thought I would throw my tuppence worth in! Hubby and myself started the 800 almost four weeks ago. I have significantly more weight to lose than him. In fact despite a foots’ height difference when we started off I was two pounds heavier than him and as of this morning I still am! I started off at 13st 5lbs and I’m 5ft tall. He has now lost 16lbs and I have lost 15lbs. When he loses another 2lbs that will be 10% of his body weight and he will move to the 5:2. We both lost significant amounts of weight on the Dukan high protein diet and kept it off very well with the 5:2 until we just went wild and the weight came back again over about 16 months. The 5:2 is a great plan but you must create a calorie deficit to get the full benefit. Now here’s the thing, we don’t really monitor carbs. We eat a well balanced and wholesome range of foods, but although I’m great at putting low carb recipes made of anything but flour together, I can’t be bothered! If I have to seek out ingredients that can only be found in Diagon Alley I’m going to get bored and go off the rails! The secret to losing weight on this diet, and this is just what I believe, is to get a bit of exercise as well. Walking, try and do your 10000 steps, or swimming. That way your muscle tissue will eat up everything you take in, and you will lose weight. I’m not diabetic but I do have polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), it plays havoc with the hormones. Also I find it difficult to “release hostages”, this was the term we used on Dukan for constipation – sorry but it is a dieting issue. Here’s what today’s menu looks like: B – one slice of Burgen soya linseed bread toasted, laughing Cow lite triangle, tea with 50ml milk. Coffee at 11am, 50ml milk. L – 100g tesco Greek style yogurt, 50g strawberries, 25g blueberries. D – Scrambled egg with cheese. I keep enough calories for a 40 cal Belgian hot chocolate, and I can still have a cup of tea later if I feel like it. I usually have calories left over. At the weekend I abandon the tea, hot chocolate etc and have 175ml of vino. Thanks for reading this and good luck!

• posted by Loosejeans
    on

So at the end of week four, at the halfway point I’ve had a whoosh and as of today I’m 18lbs down! That’s 10% of my initial body weight. Bring it on!

• posted by Sharon
    on

Hi loosejeans
    Well done, I to am at the halfway point I have lost 17lb now still have a long way to go but I know I will get there on the BSD. Good luck for next week and like you said bring it on!!

• posted by Loosejeans
    on

Thank you very much Sharon and very well done to you! Like you I’ve got a bit of a way to go, but I can’t believe how far we’ve come in just 4 weeks! My hubby is also doing this and is nearly at his target weight! Have a great week xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.