Are these foods/meals allowed

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by dawks
    on

Hello thanks for reading,

I am new to this “diet” just wondered if these meals are allowed ,

Roast Chicken Dinner, no roast potatoes or Yorkshires just cheken and veg, I assume OK ?

How about Bran Flakes in the morning with a little SS Milk ?

Lunch I normally have salad with a couple pices of lean ham , is that OK ?

How about tea and coffee ?

Thanks

• posted by Scottishgal
    on

Hi dawks and welcome to the forum. Veg is ok but preferably above ground veg if possible-cauliflower, broccoli etc. Chicken is fine as long as you watch portion size. I tend to add herbs and spices to my chicken to give it some flavour.
    Any cereal is a definite NO. Too many carbs. Breakfast could be eggs or Greek yoghurt with berries.
    Salad is fine as long as you watch the carbs and the dressings.
    I think black coffee is best but I do add milk. Same with tea.
    It’s all about adapting the WOE (way of eating) to suit you so that it is achievable.
    There are loads of people on here with so much experience and advice so feel free to ask away……or just use the search button to find previous posts and threads. Everyone is supportive and non judgemental on here.
    Good luck

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi dawks. Chicken and veg are good; bran flakes not; salad with ham also ok. But there is a whole lot more which you can include and mantra is low carb moderate protein (so not a blank cheque to eat as much chicken as you can and some veggies are carby-er than others!) and healthy fats. Ham is processed so I wouldn’t want to eat that every day. Tea and coffee is fine but no sugar and count the milk. If you can tell us a bit more about where you are at (and whether you are diabetic or have blood sugar problems), where you want to get to, likes/dislikes, if you love home cooking from fresh etc I am sure you will get lots of suggestions and helpful tips! All best on embarking on the BSD!

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

as you can see dawks, we are nothing if not consistent on here!

• posted by dawks
    on

Many thanks sixturkeys and Scottishgal for replying,
    I’ll try something else for breakfast
    Back again soon with more questons I expect

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi dawks – definitely avoid cereals for breakfast, full fat greek yogurt with berries, nuts and/or seeds make a great breakfast, or even scrambled eggs with smoked salmon perhaps. A protein source with veg or salad is great for lunch or dinner, but be aware of the carb content of veggies too, as these can be surprisingly high, especially in things like tomatoes, onions, peas and root veg.

Tea and coffee are fine and even a teaspoon of double/heavy cream in these occasionally is okay too. Remember, the BSD is not about low fat / high carbs, so you don’t need to worry about SS milk – in fact you’ll find that cream has a lower carb content than SS milk and you need less of it to white the tea/coffee. It feels counter-intuitive, given the brainwashing we have all suffered over the years, to be eating full fat foods but you will soon get used to it. Remember to read nutrition labels with a view to keeping the carbs low.

Best wishes ….

Please log in or register to post a reply.