April Starter – Advice for a vegetarian

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kaytea
    on

Hi everyone, I’m starting my journey today and looking for a bit of advice, I’m vegetarian and can see there’s lots of meat in the book and was just wondering if there is anyone with a simple week plan or advice, or recipes for a veggi who’s a new to this. I do have the book…..All advice, tips, motivation gratefully received 🙂

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Kaytea, welcome. There have been a fair few vegetarians who have done the WOE, and some of the recipes on the site here are suitable, if you use the search box and type in vegetarian, then both older threads with a wealth of information on this and some recipes should come back. I am not so sure about meal plans, I get the feeling that most vegetarians make it up as they go along the same way I did, just following the basic principles, although some mentioned it was hard getting enough protein and keeping to the lower end of the carb targets.

• posted by jane c
    on

Hi Kaytea, I did the BSD800 last year as a veggie and did really well, in fact I stopped after 3 weeks as my skin was getting too loose. I’ve decided to do it once a year to let my body catch up. Am starting again today…
    For the next month I’m going to use some foods I would usually consider less healthy than I would like, just to see me though, then go back to low carb super healthy afterwards. I love cauli pizza and aubergine parmigiana, so they’re on my weekly list. Quorn is great, and eggs really fill me up. The odd gin with diet tonic goes down well (I’d never drink that normally). When I’m craving sugar I make low carb brownies with xylitol and coconut flour.. there are loads of recipes on the net
    I admire vegans who can manage this, not sure I could do it.
    Good luck, we can do it!

• posted by Kaytea
    on

Hi guys
    Thanks for you encouraging words. I find it a bit daunting looking at the recipe page, I’m not sure if it’s the ways it’s set out. Also being dyslexic I find the sorting through recipes quite tricky. I’m more of a visual person.
    Not had a great week as couldn’t really plan my meals. And I’m not the greatest cook in the kitchen.
    I’m really going to try hard to stick to the basic principals this week and and keep it simple.
    Ps lost 1 pound – small step in the right direction.

Please log in or register to post a reply.